Ok, ok. I’ll admit it. Matte makeup isn’t my all-time favorite finish. The thing is, I have a thing for sparkle, and I know it. However, I definitely make room for great matte makeup in my collection. Typically, I like to mix in some shimmer or gleam, but occasionally I’ll do a completely matte makeup look like this one and I feel incredibly glamorous. And if there was one phrase I’d tell my makeup this week it’s, “I’m totally matte about you”.
But here’s the thing about matte makeup… it’s the hardest finish to get “right”. So many mattes are chalky and not very pigmented. To get a nicely pigmented matte shadow or blush, you sometimes have to look around. But I’m making it easy for you. Here’s the matte makeup I’m using this week:
- Combust all over the lid & to blend
- Password on the outter lid
- Whiskey in the crease
- Thirteen as the highlight
Naked Basics 2
- Undone as eye liner
Laura Geller iCare eye liner in black
Laura Geller Balance and Brighten Foundation
NYX Wonder Stick for highlighting under the eye
The Balm Instain Blush in Argyle
Can I just say that I think it’s hilarious that Miranda and I have almost the exact same look going on this week? I’m seriously giggling about it. Great minds think alike!
Stick with us for next week’s prompt – Pumpkin Spice! I have a really fun look planned and I cannot WAIT to see what all of you come up with. This one will definitely push me out of my comfort zone.
Link up rules:
1. Every Thursday, show up with your post featuring the makeup prompt for that week.
2. Follow your hosts. That’s me, Miranda, and any co-host we may have.
3. Add your look to the link up.
4. Check out the other people who’ve linked up and comment on at least three looks.
5. Leave a link to either mine or Miranda’s post in your own blog post.
Bonus! Share your look with us on social media using the hashtag #themakeupmixup so we can show you all kinds of social media love with lots of heart and smooching emoji’s.