I guess you can just call me the bread lady. Over the past few weeks I’ve posted about cornbread, pancakes, dinner rolls… and now cinnamon rolls. I’m totally not the least bit sorry, though. I’ve really always liked to cook. My mom and I cooked together when I was a kid. Now that I have my own home, the kitchen is where I find myself wanting to be.
To begin, you’re going to start with the dough from my super simple rolls recipe. Make the dough, but before you bake it (obviously) come back to this recipe for the good, sugary part. 😉
- dough (from Making Mrs. M's super simple homemade rolls recipe)
- ~ 1 cup granulated sugar
- ~ 1 cup brown sugar
- LOTS of cinnamon
- Take your risen dough and knead it about 10 times.
- Pour a teaspoon of oil onto a clean food safe surface.
- Place dough onto oiled surface and roll out with a rolling pin until dough is approximately half and inch.
- Sprinkle cinnamon onto dough until mostly covered.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and granulated sugar over dough.
- Tightly roll dough into a tube.
- Cut the rolls with dental floss.
- Place on a greased baking pan and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Add the cinnamon, and then add some more. Trust me.
Whip these homemade cinnamon rolls up for breakfast this weekend!
More Simple Recipes > here