As the weather warms up, I find myself craving lighter cocktails in the evening. I still won’t turn down a good Old Fashioned, but I tend to gravitate towards fresh, lime type cocktails. Last weekend I experimented and came up with a drink I know will be a favorite of mine this summer.
Gin Lime Fizz
Gin based cocktails are perfect for warm weather because gin causes a bite, but it’s also refreshing. It’s hard to get an overly sweet gin drink, which I appreciate. Gin pairs quite well with many of my favorite summer flavors: citrus, mint, berries, and sushi. Mm!
One particular piece of this recipe is my absolute favorite-the lime. I cook with lime all year long. It’s the yin to my cooking yang. So naturally, I needed to include it in this drink, right?
- 1.5 ounces Gin
- 1 Squeeze of Lime
- 4 Shakes Angostura Orange Bitters
- 2 ounces Lime Perrier
- 1 Sugar cube
- Lime Garnish
- In a tumbler, muddle bitters, sugar cube, and a squeeze of lime.
- Add ice to cocktail shaker.
- Pour muddled ingredients into shaker.
- Add gin and Perrier to shaker.
- Shake & pour over ice.
- Garnish with a lime to finish.
What is your favorite warm weather drink?